Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life - as we know it

I desperately want to write this poem
About my life, rather life in general
Peppered with brilliance but mostly sarcasm.
Let's give it a go, and hope its one of several
Meaningful things that I do on this planet
Enough with the intro, lets get started.

It all began quite smoothly,
I can't seem to recall the events of birth precisely,
Not the nurse who spanked me
Or the sight of my parents in that ward
But I was born, and gazed upon the world

But then things took off
Before I knew it I had memories
I could make sense of the planet
And it tried to make sense of me
I could interact with people and objects
And it was all extremely curious and fun

This curiosity soon wore off
As I entered my adolescence
Here I lost my innocence
A great loss, as mundane things would never interest
I only sought to impress
My friends, my peers
And toward this cause I rebelled,
To be different, to not accept
The world for what it was

Mostly this rebellion was to seek attention
To ensure that my existence was purposeful
A wish to lead a life of fruition
Where change could be possible

Alas! A weak rebellion, for I submitted myself to adulthood
And although several doubts throng my brain
About the meaning, the purpose of life
There is no intent to change,
And I seem to have surrendered
Even as I vaguely remember
The wonderful curiosity in childhood
And the overpowering exuberance of my adolescence
But I am overwhelmed with meaningless thoughts in my head
And before I know it I will be dead





No comments:

Post a Comment